Did you know how important it is to do proper roof inspections? Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home as it provides proper insulation as well as protects you, your family, and your belongings from pests, critters, and water damage. Getting roof inspections is an important part of being a home owner. Here are some things to look out for!
What To Look For When Doing Roof Inspections
There are many important parts of a roof, and each one has different things to look at during a roof inspection. Here are some things to look at and look for
- * Gutters- When you shake the gutters, if there are a lot of sound coming from them, that can be a problem. The rattling noise you are hearing can be from too much granules from your shingles, which is a sign of too much wear and a need to replace the shingles.
- * Mold and Algae- On the top of your roof, look for any dark streaks or water damage marks on your shingles. This can be a less obvious, but important sign, of algae and moss growing on your roof. This is very dangerous because the growing of these can allow for wood rot. Wood rot attracts critters, which then can enter your attic and make their way into your home!
- * The Roof Itself- if there are obvious holes or sagging, you definitely need to call a professional! These are signs that there are major structural damages and you will definitely need roof repairs or a roof replacement to keep yourself save!
- * Leaking- Check your attics and ceilings for any water damage. If there are dark spots and splotches, you most likely have a structural issue in your roof where water is coming through or your gutters are too clogged to properly drain the water. It is important to get this replaced, repaired, or cleaned.
- * Shingles- Take a look at your shingles- there are many things that can be wrong with them! Are they buckling, blistering, or curling? Are there even some missing? That means it is time for a professional for your roof inspections!
Calling A Professional for Roof Inspections
Are you ready to put your roof in the hands of a trusted professional for roof inspections? Check out Deegan Roofing today! Family owned and operated, Deegan Roofing has been serving central Jersey homeowners for nearly three decades. Deegan Roofing provides the best customer service while only using the most efficient and finest products and materials for roof inspections, installations, and reapairs. Leave the hard work to the professionals, and call Deegan Roofing today at 908-322-6405
NJ Roofing Contractor
NJ Roofing Company
Related NJ Roofing Posts:
Roof Repair vs Roof Replacement